Koh Samet is one of the easiest of the Thai Islands to reach and explore. What makes it perfect for a family trip is that it is very close to the Thai capital and is just a few km away from the shore. Hence, it is no wonder to see it as a popular weekend destination both among the locals and the tourists.
The peaceful and beautiful island is just three hours from Bangkok, and you can take a public bus or a private taxi from Bangkok to Koh Samet. Book your trip with a reliable tour operator so as to enjoy an excellent journey and higher comfort in a new vehicle.
Read on to find out what makes Koh Samet indeed a great destination for a family holiday.
- If interested in staying at the most popular beach areas, look at Ao Vong Duen, Ao Phai, and Sai Kaew. For those families looking for a quieter place can go for Ao Phai and Ao Kiu.
- There are both expensive resorts as well as budget hotels for the families. Tub Tim Resort, which is more like a little wooden chalet, is popular among families. It boasts of a large double bed, TV, private bathroom and a great view of the sea.
- What makes Koh Samet much more fun is its clean beaches that offer a peaceful experience. It is a good idea to visit the island during the weekdays when there are fewer crowds. Koh Samet beaches offer a good mix of activities such as sailing, windsurfing, swimming, or simply relaxing on the beach.
- Some of the most popular beaches to explore on the small island include names like Ao Prao Beach, Ao Kiu Na Nok, Ao Wai Beach, Ao Karang, Sai Kaew Beach, Ao Thian, Ao Wong Duean and more.
- At night, the whole family can enjoy one of those enthralling fire shows and other exciting performances on the beach. Those live performances seem somewhat dangerous but are indeed thrilling and exciting to watch.
- Enjoy great fun as well as excellent meals and drinks on the beaches. You can have some delicious breakfast of huge omelets, yummy pancakes, crisp toast, and watch the boats coming and going. In the evening, the restaurant and bar tables offer a great dinner at sunset, and the whole experience is indeed incredible.
Some other areas of interest for the families:
- Explore Nadan Pier and the surrounding areas for great accommodation options, international restaurants, and fantastic shopping time.
- Visit Samet Town Centre for souvenir shops, restaurants, and bars, and you can undoubtedly find some of the cheapest accommodations in this area.
- Another major area of activity on the island is the popular Haad Sai Kaew beach. It is a right choice for those looking for loads of fun and swimming and sunbathing. The countless beachside bars are always filled with large crowds.
- The top snorkeling around Koh Samet is located at several beaches, and you can book a snorkeling day trip for the whole family to enjoy the island’s underwater life.
- Although the water around Koh Samet is relatively shallow, there is still plenty to see around the island, and there are many schools for diving that offer training for both beginners and advanced divers.
- Rayong Aquarium is a popular attraction among families with young children, and the aquarium indeed surprises its visitors pleasantly because of the immense variety of fish & other marine life e and the cheaper tickets.
Now that you have a good idea of what to do and explore on the beautiful island of Koh Samet, plan a trip and get ready to enjoy its major attractions, beautiful pristine beaches, and water activities.