Traveling can be one of the most fulfilling things you can ever do in this lifetime. There is so much to see and experience in this world if you just step out of your comfort zone. If you are looking for motivation, you can take a look at the top travel quotes for more inspiration.
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” (Andre Gide) – Don’t be afraid to go to new places and discover new things. The world is a big place and there is so much to learn and see. You’ll be amazed at the differences and similarities you can have with people who live halfway across the world from you.
- “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times” – Aren’t you tired of hearing your friends or families talk about their trips over and over again? Sure, it is really nice to hear that they enjoyed themselves in the hotel or touring around the sites. But it can get tiresome hearing it repeatedly, especially if they traveled in a group. You can get several accounts of just one place, but wouldn’t it be better to see it for yourself? This way, you won’t just imagine or be contented with seeing it in pictures or videos.
- “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” (Chief Seattle) – Wherever you are traveling, it is important that you respect the area. Study up on the culture if you are going to another country so that can be prepared and not make any faux pas. Now, even if you are not going away to an exotic place, what is important is that you do not leave any trash. Bring a small container with you that can contain all the small trash that you accumulate at the beach or tourist sites where you go to. Dispose of them properly so that you leave the area in the same way you found it.
- A ship in a harbor is safe, but it not what ships are built for.” (John A. Shedd ) – It would be easy to just stay where you are. But you should believe that you are not just meant to stay in one place for the rest of your life. Discover new places, new people, new cuisine, and more! It might feel scary the first time, but once you get used to it, you’ll be sure to look forward to your next travel.
- “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer” – Even though you are spending money in order to travel, you are getting something in return. You get a lifetime of memories and experiences that you cannot get from the comfort of your own home, from hearing stories from others or even watching videos on the internet. These adventures are something that you can keep with you for the rest of your life.