I was sat working this morning with the kitchen window open. I could hear children outside playing the street and it gave me a real feeling of spring. Then some small boys started kicking a football repeatedly against my wall and the images of daffodils and gambolling lambs where replaced with an urge to throw a bucket of cold water out of the window at the offending footballers.
Still, for a minute there I was very nearly full of the joys of spring and was beginning to imagine the spring time adventures Belle and I might have, skipping hand in hand through a flower filled meadow, pretty summer dresses flapping around our knees, the air thick with the sound of her laughter.*
A mummy can dream can’t she?
To continue the fantasy, I spent a happy hour browsing Melijoe.com (whilst Belle played on her laptop upstairs), dressing up my springtime family in the latest spring trends for children. And yes, before you say anything, I do know what the spring trends are.**
So what is spring all about for kids?
1. Yellows – Stella McCartney Kids broderie anglaise lace dress with a detachable lining, available in ages 2-14 years
2. Gingham and checks – Ralph Lauren gingham poplin shirt, available in ages 2 – 16 years
3. Smocking – Souris mini smocked poplin dress, available in ages 2-10 years
4. Food inspired designs – Desigual trapeze flamed jersey dress, available in ages 4-14 years
5. Nautical (always) – Pepe jeans striped cotton pique shorts, available in ages 2-8 years
6. Animal prints and designs – Paul Smith Junior tiger print poplin shirt, available in ages 2-12 years
What are your favourite kids’ fashions at the moment?
*I am wandering into the realms of fantasy now of course. I imagine she will want to spend much of the spring indoors playing Sims 4 and chain eating chocolate chip brioche rolls.
**I Googled them