GAWD 23 years is a LONG TIME isn’t it?? More than half my life in fact. Over 8000 days.
Oh hang on, 8000 days somehow doesn’t sound as much does it? Let’s stick with 23 years.
Anyway, you’d hope that over that time I would have learnt a few things – you know, picked up some tips and tricks, stuff not to do. So here’s a list I came up with of some of the things I’ve learnt as a parent.
1. You will always be a parent. Even when they grow up and leave home they still need you, just in different ways. (Mainly cash based.)
2. Don’t take a toddler into a big Asda when they are tired or hungry. It WILL end in tears, probably yours in the car park.
3. There is never a ‘right’ way to cut sandwiches – what was right yesterday will be wrong today so always check.
4. Even when they get older and should have realised by now, your children will still think you know the ‘answers’. Belle asked me yesterday when the right amount of time is to tell someone you love them.
5. Every school concert you ever go to will make you want to poke forks into yourself and then your youngest will leave school and you will cry quietly to yourself at the thought of never going to another badly performed nativity.
6. Having pizza for two meals in one day is totally legitimate. View Post