If you and your little ones (or not so little ones) are heading off on holiday this summer, there are certain things you’ll absolutely need to remember. Many of us find packing overwhelming, especially when you’ve got the added pressure of packing for yourself and your kids!
Whether you’re heading on a short-haul flight to Spain or Italy or a longer trip to the USA, this complete summer holiday checklist will help you remember everything for your family summer holiday. Take a look!
How many items of clothing you’ll need to pack depends on how long you’re going away for, but this should be enough to cover you for a 7 night holiday. If you’re going for any longer, consider taking a few more of each.
- Daytime outfits e.g. shorts, dresses, t shirts. If you’re going for a week, pack one for every day.
- Evening outfits. If you’re planning on having some evening meals out, or perhaps going for a glass of wine or two, you’ll want to plan enough evening outfits.
- Bikinis or swimming costume.
- Beach towel.
- Shoes to pair with outfits.
- Sun hats/caps.
- Pyjamas. Make sure they’ll keep you cool at night!
- Sunglasses. You definitely won’t want to forget these! You could even grab yourself a new pair of women’s sunglasses from Arlo Wolf for your trip.
Along with your every-day toiletries, such as makeup and cleanser, there are a few extras you’ll need to pack for your family holiday.
- Shampoo and conditioner.
- Kids shampoo/conditioner.
- Shower gel.
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- Lip balm.
- Sun cream for you and the kids.
- After sun.
- Shaving gel.
- Hair products.
- Hair straighteners/curlers.
Having the right equipment can make a huge difference to your holiday. These travel-friendly accessories will help you make some everlasting memories with your family.
- Travel adapters.
- Cameras or phone for those memories.
- Reusable water bottles.
- Chargers for any electronics.
- Travel iron if your hotel doesn’t have one.
You’ll need these important travel documents to pass through security and catch your flight.
- All passports.
- Visas if required.
- Boarding passes.
- Travel currency or cards.
- Travel insurance documents.
- Travel guides could come in handy, too!
Extras for the children
Of course, you’ll need to pack clothes, toiletries and any accessories for the kids too (such as nappies, prams or formula) but these added extras should definitely be on your packing list if they’re not already.
- Toys and games to keep them entertained. These can come in handy on the plane!
- Books and colouring books.
- Water and snacks.
- Tablet and headphones.
- Plasters. You never know when you’re travelling with little ones!
Tips for travelling with kids
Spending time with your kids on holiday is one of the most rewarding experiences a single mum can have. If you’re a single mum heading off on holiday with your little ones, take a look at our top tips to take the stress out of travelling.