When you’ve got a seven year age gap between your kids it can be hard to find something that the whole family want to do. I can say from experience that teenagers absolutely do not see the same attraction in soft play as five years olds. I can’t think why. Who doesn’t enjoy sharing a ball pit with half eaten cheesy puffs and sticky toddlers in a characterless, echoey warehouse?
I know I can think of barely a thousand or so things I’d rather do.
Bee never really bites my hand off when I ask if she wants to stay with me and Belle in a caravan for the weekend either.
Finally though, we have found A Thing! A day out that all four of us are happy to go on – a day out to Thorpe Park.
I say all four of us, I will probably be taking more of a strategic role, holding the coats and snacks and taking pictures, as I’m not exactly a rollercoaster fan. It’s not that I’m scared, it’s just that, well, *cough*, they are really high up aren’t they? And they go upside down! That can’t be natural.
Boyfriend, Bee and Belle are all big fans though, and I am very happy to watch and bask in the joy of an activity they all enjoy. I’ve never been to Thorpe Park before, but looking at the pictures I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a big hit:
We’ve got to wait until the summer for a weekend when we’re all free, but if you fancy a trip to Thorpe Park this half term here are a few facts you may not have known about the theme park now acknowledged as the nation’s Thrill Capital:
- There are plenty of rides that all the family can enjoy, such as Zodiac and manic carpet ride Quantum as well as the Flying Fish
- If your kids are after something a little edgier, and if they’re 1m or taller, they can experience the thrill of the newly refurbished X, an illuminated ride through dynamic coloured lighting
- For extreme thrills, older children over 1.4m can now brave it backwards on the Swarm!
- Book tickets 7 days or more in advance to save 30% – adults from £30.24, children from £23.52 (under 12).
- Or even better…buy a bottle of Frijj and you can benefit from 2-for-1 entry at the park! Head over to Frijj on Facebook to find out more.
- Feel like one day isn’t enough? We now offer over-night stays at the park in our newly opened ‘Crash Pad’ accommodation from £64 per person which includes 2 days at the park and breakfast
For more information visit thorpepark.com.