Lots of people moan about their partners when they’re in a relationship. I’ve been guilty of it myself in the past – it’s just too easy isn’t it? You don’t want to make a fuss, you want to avoid a row, so instead you content yourself with complaining to your friends over a glass of wine or two, or fantasising about what life might be like if you were single.
Personally though, I’m more than happy to be in a relationship. Yes there may be petty annoyances sometimes, but I think on the whole it’s a pretty good deal. I certainly find it easier than having to spend hours writing witty yet approachable online dating profiles.
I love the intimacy of being able to share my thoughts with someone and not be judged, I love the contentment, being able to relax and be myself, and I love the security of knowing there is at least one person who is putting me at top of their list.
Yes I know it’s soppy but what can I say? I am a happy bunny. Still, I’m not going to go on about it. Instead I’ve been thinking about all the little things that I like about being part of a couple, and have come up with a list of my top seven more light-hearted reasons why I’m glad not to be single:
- You never have to worry about dating a man who twiddles the hair on his mole ever again.
- You have someone to warm your feet on in bed. My feet get painfully cold, so I really do like this one.
- You can order a take-away without either having to do a pathetic ‘meal for one’ or ordering too much and looking like a greedy pig.
- There is someone else in the house who will make you a cup of tea without huffing and puffing and complaining about never having asked to be born.
- When you’re really tired at bedtime you can just run upstairs really quickly and the other person has to turn off all the lights and check the doors.
- If you are feeling a bit sad, there is someone around who will notice and give you a cuddle.
- You can sigh heavily and look wearily at a full bin/overgrown lawn/empty fridge and someone will probably do something about it.
Seriously, what’s not to love? What are your best bits about being in a relationship?
Photo credit – hellojenguine
I love this blog, yes I agree there is something about having a partner that is unique, he knows your thoughts, and your faces you pull when your looking at some teeny bopper girl half naked walking around in the freezing cold, he is there to offer his hand as he holds it out for you in the mall or on the street, he makes you smile through tears, and you have someone to yell out for toilet roll when you need it in the bathroom,
Yes their is a certain completeness about being a couple one that you seem to be chasing the entire time your single and signing up to this that and everything else hoping to meet mr right.
I am glad I have my man, who keeps me warm in bed, yes snores above comprehension at times, but wraps his arms around me making me feel safe secure and happy.
I have to admit, he keeps my freezing feet warm, as mine are like yours and get so cold that they burn, plus you have someone you can pull the blankets up over there head when you let one rip, and say smell that as you roll around in fits of laughter.
Being part of a couple is ………….well it just is………
Number 5 is my absolute fave. There’s something about having a man lock up that feels right.
I’d add that feeling of security I get from not being alone. Safe arms and wise comments are what my Gentle Man does best.
I would say, ‘Someone else to get out of bed when the kids are shouting in the night’, but since my OH normally sleeps through such incidences (his ear canals usually blocked by the snoring like a train noises coming from his nose), I’ll not bother with that one… Instead then; ‘Someone else to blame when the children complain about unpleasant whiffs and noises’. Occasionally it’s even true…
The best bit is knowing you can ring them 20 times a day because your having a bad day and they aren’t going to moan to their mates that your a bunny boiler and stop taking your calls!
point 5 is the reason I got married
He helps me deal with reality and I have more time to think about pixies.