Lots of people moan about their partners when they’re in a relationship. I’ve been guilty of it myself in the past – it’s just too easy isn’t it? You don’t want to make a fuss, you want to avoid a row, so instead you content yourself with complaining to your friends over a glass of wine or two, or fantasising about what life might be like if you were single.
Personally though, I’m more than happy to be in a relationship. Yes there may be petty annoyances sometimes, but I think on the whole it’s a pretty good deal. I certainly find it easier than having to spend hours writing witty yet approachable online dating profiles.
I love the intimacy of being able to share my thoughts with someone and not be judged, I love the contentment, being able to relax and be myself, and I love the security of knowing there is at least one person who is putting me at top of their list.
Yes I know it’s soppy but what can I say? I am a happy bunny. Still, I’m not going to go on about it. Instead I’ve been thinking about all the little things that I like about being part of a couple, and have come up with a list of my top seven more light-hearted reasons why I’m glad not to be single:
- You never have to worry about dating a man who twiddles the hair on his mole ever again.
- You have someone to warm your feet on in bed. My feet get painfully cold, so I really do like this one.
- You can order a take-away without either having to do a pathetic ‘meal for one’ or ordering too much and looking like a greedy pig.
- There is someone else in the house who will make you a cup of tea without huffing and puffing and complaining about never having asked to be born.
- When you’re really tired at bedtime you can just run upstairs really quickly and the other person has to turn off all the lights and check the doors.
- If you are feeling a bit sad, there is someone around who will notice and give you a cuddle.
- You can sigh heavily and look wearily at a full bin/overgrown lawn/empty fridge and someone will probably do something about it.
Seriously, what’s not to love? What are your best bits about being in a relationship?
Photo credit – hellojenguine