A couple of weeks ago I was tagged in a meme by The Fabulous Mom Guide. The subject of the meme was ‘ten things I tell myself every day’
This was a tricky one for me. My internal monologue witters on incessantly, but is it consistent, does it tell me the same things day in day out? I had to listen for a while to find out, and this is what I came up with – ten things I think about at various times most days:
1. When I first wake up – “OK chubby, today is going to be the day you show a bit of self-control and don’t eat any crap.”
2. On walking up to my study – “Gosh, there really is a lot of dust on those skirting boards. I should do something about that.”
3. About 11am – “Just one biscuit really wouldn’t hurt, you have worked very hard today so far.”
4. About 11.05am – “Step away from the biscuit tin. No, not one more. OK, one more, and then put the lid on and walk away. WALK AWAY!!”
5. At intervals during the day – “I really must write that post today about the ten things I think about every day.”
6. On hearing the washing machine beeping but being in my study and too lazy to walk down and switch it off – “I will just let it beep once more and then it will stop. Gah! Once more. Pause. Gah! Once more. Pause. GAH!”
7. On walking back up to my study, having turned the washing machine off – “I wish I hadn’t had a biscuit while I was down there. Those skirting boards are really dusty.”
8.From 3.30pm onwards – “I probably should go downstairs and do something wholesome with the children. I’ll just have a little look on twitter first.”
9. Around 5.30pm – “Goodness, what happened there? I really must go downstairs now.”
10. Lying in bed – “Tomorrow will be the day I clean the skirting boards and don’t eat any biscuits.”
As you can see, my mind really is a thrilling place to be.
Now I have to pass the meme on, to other people with more interesting thoughts than mine. I’m going to tag three very lovely new friends – Bristol bloggers who I have met for the first time in the last couple of weeks – Ella at Purple Mum, Hilary at Bishopston Mum and Kath at Knitty Mummy.
What thoughts dominate your brain on a daily basis? Please tell me they’re as dull as mine…