I’m mad I am

Today I want to confess a pet hate.

Self-styled crazy people. They drive me nuts.

“Oh yeah,” they cackle, “don’t worry about me, I’m bonkers, all my friends say so!”

*cue jazz hands and novelty bow tie spinning in circles*

I just don’t understand it. Is it a confidence thing? Do these people believe that they’re basically so dull that they have to create this madcap personality, who is constantly entertaining their friends by doing absolutely bonkers things like eating sandwiches made with hundreds and thousands and tomato ketchup?

This afternoon then, I felt the urge to rise to the challenge, to show these mavericks just how crazy I can be when I want to. Have a look at this picture:

Pepsi in a coke glass

It looks perfectly innocent doesn’t it? A nice cold drink sat on a desk, but let’s look a little closer shall we, and uncover the truth…

People who say they're mad

This my friends, is a Coca-Cola glass. And do you know what is in this glass?

Pepsi.

What do you think of that eh?

I’m mad I am.

1. 5 February, 2012 / 12:38 pm

Oh I much prefer Pepsi to Cola. I preferred it when they were equal brands – like when I went to see MJ’s “Bad” and it was sponsored by Pepsi.
    Where has Pepsi gone? My chicken and chips shop still sells it so I have it once a week.

Yeaaah you is ccccrrrraaazy!

Being crazy is kinda “on trend” at the moment – go with it! :-)

• 7 February, 2012 / 7:05 pm

Haha! We only had Pepsi because it came with our Pizza Hut :-)

2. Emily
    5 February, 2012 / 12:41 pm

What makes me really cringe are people who announce they are ‘as mad as a box of frogs’ anyone who uses that overused phrase obviously isn’t in the slightest bit crazy. They’d be much better off announcing their madness in their own unique way. Perhaps they are ‘a little deranged, like a kitkat in a showercap’, or ‘a total loony in a similar style to port salut on toast when Mr Kipling has gone on holiday to my hat’ There are so many other options than the old box of frogs thing :(

• 7 February, 2012 / 7:06 pm

lol. Mad as a box of frogs. That’s me! *cocks head to one side and pulls silly face*

3. Fisherman67
    5 February, 2012 / 12:42 pm

Totally nuts – no ice or lemon – that’s looney tunes that is…..

4. 5 February, 2012 / 12:55 pm

I hate that too! And I reckon it is a confidence thing but that’s no excuse. I know a whole family who do this and refer to themselves as being crazy, does my head in.

When I saw your photo all I saw was that you didn’t have your glass on a coaster – you ARE crazy ;)

• 7 February, 2012 / 7:06 pm

I like to live life on the edge. Coasters are for wimps.

5. 5 February, 2012 / 4:22 pm

“You don’t have to be entirely lacking imagination to work here, but it helps”

6. 5 February, 2012 / 5:44 pm

What I thought was EVEN more crazy is you keep pen’s in a mug just like me!!!

Crazy as I say…….. ;-)

• 7 February, 2012 / 7:07 pm

What do you mean?? Everyone does that don’t they? Plus it is a literary mug, so perfect for pens :-)

7. 5 February, 2012 / 8:35 pm

Obviously you’re not too far gone ’cause you’re not swiggin’ your soda out of the 2 liter bottle. And, don’t head to the funny farm for commitment yet as I’m sure this is a temporary knock off your nut. Or perhaps you’re simply a rebel.

But, as someone who Is brand new to your blog I’m hoping you’re from across the pond and that’s why I’ve never heard the ‘madder than a box of frogs’ bit. Could you share some info over that as it gets funnier each time I say it aloud. Yeah…I’m talking out loud to myself. Luckily no one’s answered ’cause well…I think I would be off MY nut.

~Honey

8. 5 February, 2012 / 8:44 pm

Clearly a certifiable loony. That said, I just finished a mug of hot chocolate. In a soup mug.

9. Nick
    6 February, 2012 / 6:44 am

Are we all missing the real, concealed, point of the picture? The desk, the folders, the pens … neat and tidy, ordered and controlled, or what? After all your posts about the, um, relaxed nature of your life, it’s a big shock to all my pigeon-holing assumptions. Or did you tidy up a tiny corner?

• 7 February, 2012 / 7:13 pm

Damn it, you weren’t supposed to notice that! Don’t tell anyone the slummy mummy thing is all a horrible lie…

10. Emily M
    6 February, 2012 / 6:51 am

Oh that’s really made me laugh! Whenever someone utters the words “I’m mad me!” I instantly assume… ah you must be the most boring person to walk the planet…

11. 6 February, 2012 / 9:43 am

Good post. I think The Fast Show did a skit on krazy people in the office….and I have to agree with you. There is a whole greeting cards industry catering for people like this and it’s WRONG.

12. honeybee
    6 February, 2012 / 12:15 pm

I have to admit that I’m not particularly fussed by ‘self-styled-crazies’…i just take people for who they are or who they wish to be, and as long as they’re not hurting anyone or being deliberately mean, then it’s fine by me.
    I can think of lots of other personality traits that grate me far worse…