A made up infographic about working from home

Do you ever look at infographics and wonder ‘what does that even mean?!’

I do.

That’s the thing about statistics though isn’t it? You can make them show whatever you want if you just display them in the right way. It was following this train of thought last night that led to me buying the domain name madeupinfographics.com. (As you do). I thought it might be fun to just make stuff up, present it nicely and see if people still liked them as much even if they weren’t conveying any useful information. It’s basically what I do with my blog anyway, but with more charts.

The slight hitch in my plan is that until this morning I had never actually made a made up infographic, (or a regular one for that matter), but I figured it couldn’t be too hard surely?

This is my first attempt.

Would you read a blog of made up infographics?

Made up infographic about working from home

1. Jane Willis
    18 September, 2013 / 1:20 pm

Somebody’s been looking over my shoulder. Mostly at cat videos.

2. 18 September, 2013 / 2:18 pm

Brilliant. I should print this out and pin it on the fridge but that would involve too much effort.

3. 18 September, 2013 / 5:05 pm

This is brilliant! And although I’m not a home-worker, I did stumble upon this on a day when I was working at home. It’s a sign, I tell ya!

4. 18 September, 2013 / 5:07 pm

Sounds very familiar, now if you’ll excuse me I’m off for my pre-dinner nap 😉
    Em recently posted…Playing with SwordsMy Profile

5. 19 September, 2013 / 12:39 am

Haha that is great – honestly I have spent so much time tonight nosing around the internet (I even looked at morphsuits for a while) and yes I should have been working.. x
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…Win a Bench or Chair from Home KandiMy Profile

6. 19 September, 2013 / 12:22 pm

I’m always on the lookout for new ways to distract myself. Perfect. Even when I go into the office (infrequently, if I can help it!) I spend much of my time flicking between tabs. It helps that I’m about the only person in the office who understands tabbed browsing is even possible (seriously, half of them shut down the internet to check their emails & vice versa)
    Lorraine/Squeaky Mom recently posted…Lost!My Profile

7. 19 September, 2013 / 9:43 pm

Brilliant, although no mention of Homes Under The Hammer, was a little disappointing!

8. 20 September, 2013 / 5:46 am

Brilliant! Although my favourite watch is “Storage Hunters”

9. 23 September, 2013 / 6:13 pm

haha LOVE this, especially the clicking tabs bit, I do that ALL the time, pin things I’m never going to create, wear, eat.. xx
    friha recently posted…We like to readMy Profile

10. 23 September, 2013 / 6:51 pm

Love the fake infographic idea! Reminds me of all those alternative venn diagrams that were around a while back, but with lots more fun stuff to play with – huge potential. I’d read more, definitely!

11. 23 September, 2013 / 7:15 pm

Loving this, I ‘may’ recognise the odd bit. But I’m reading it in the evening so that doesn’t count, right?!
    Iona recently posted…Help!My Profile

12. 23 September, 2013 / 9:20 pm

love it!! I’ve perfected the art of clicking tabs and looking busy 😉
    Polly recently posted…Today We…My Profile

13. 24 September, 2013 / 6:09 am

Haha love this!! I always used to watch Wanted Down Under then dream about moving to Australia, and then pin photos of my new life on Pinterest! x
    Jess recently posted…Keep On JumpingMy Profile

14. 26 September, 2013 / 4:41 pm

Won’t let the OH see this as he’s suggested for him doing some admin for his business – at home! Tempting 🙂 I also have a homeworker friend who might not find this as funny 😉
    Melksham Mum recently posted…Musing on a Monday {worry}My Profile

15. 4 October, 2013 / 6:13 am

That’s hilarious, it’s missing the long lazy lunches and multitasking (filling the dishwasher while on the phone!)

16. 14 October, 2013 / 3:55 am

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly.

I’m quite sure I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
    internetmoneypathblog.in.. recently posted…internetmoneypathblog.in..My Profile

17. 12 November, 2013 / 1:30 am

Have you considered I would like to sell my car for cash?
    Haven’t a clue who is good in Manchester?
    There are plenty of possibilities, so it may be overwhelimg unless you know who you can trust.

Feel free to visit my webpage; sell my car for free
    sell my car for free recently posted…sell my car for freeMy Profile

18. 26 November, 2013 / 5:47 pm

Amazing items listed here. I am very thankful to check your post. Thank you so much exactly what looking ahead to call you actually. Do you want to make sure you decline us a email?

19. 1 July, 2014 / 10:00 pm

An useful memory tip for anyone needing too recall specific kinds of info, is too work
    on minimizing distractions in your surroundings.
    If you are breast feed or pregnant, consult a doctor fists.
    If you notice that the bottle does not have a list of
    ingredients, then it is best for you to stay away from
    that supplement.
    health benefit garcinia cambogia recently posted…health benefit garcinia cambogiaMy Profile