A made up infographic about working from home

Do you ever look at infographics and wonder ‘what does that even mean?!’

I do.

That’s the thing about statistics though isn’t it? You can make them show whatever you want if you just display them in the right way. It was following this train of thought last night that led to me buying the domain name madeupinfographics.com. (As you do). I thought it might be fun to just make stuff up, present it nicely and see if people still liked them as much even if they weren’t conveying any useful information. It’s basically what I do with my blog anyway, but with more charts.

The slight hitch in my plan is that until this morning I had never actually made a made up infographic, (or a regular one for that matter), but I figured it couldn’t be too hard surely?

This is my first attempt.

Would you read a blog of made up infographics?

Made up infographic about working from home

40 comments on “A made up infographic about working from home

1. emma T says:

I’m not a homeworker, but obviously should have been doing some work while I was reading this! Made me chuckle!
    emma T recently posted…Trendy Tuesday: Hats off (and on)My Profile

2. Jane Willis
    says:

Somebody’s been looking over my shoulder. Mostly at cat videos.

3. Lynn says:

Love this, how did you make it – was there a template or did you design it all ?
    Lynn recently posted…Gorgeous Autumn Nursing Tops have arrived.My Profile

4. Eeh Bah Mum says:

Brilliant. I should print this out and pin it on the fridge but that would involve too much effort.

5. Tim says:

This is brilliant! And although I’m not a home-worker, I did stumble upon this on a day when I was working at home. It’s a sign, I tell ya!

6. Em says:

Sounds very familiar, now if you’ll excuse me I’m off for my pre-dinner nap ;-)
    Em recently posted…Playing with SwordsMy Profile

7. Kim Carberry
    says:

hahaha! That is brilliant x
    Kim Carberry recently posted…My Firsts!My Profile

8. Katie says:

Ha so funny – and true!
    Katie recently posted…September Lust ListMy Profile

9. Sarahmumof3 says:

oh what a good infographic – well done!
    Sarahmumof3 recently posted…Helping Children learn to Count.My Profile

10. Sarah Bailey says:

Haha that is great – honestly I have spent so much time tonight nosing around the internet (I even looked at morphsuits for a while) and yes I should have been working.. x
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…Win a Bench or Chair from Home KandiMy Profile

11. HELEN
    says:

oh hmmm looks like I’m in that 96.5% then…I loved this! thanks for the distraction…
    HELEN recently posted…Roasted Yellow Courgette SoupMy Profile

12. I’m always on the lookout for new ways to distract myself. Perfect. Even when I go into the office (infrequently, if I can help it!) I spend much of my time flicking between tabs. It helps that I’m about the only person in the office who understands tabbed browsing is even possible (seriously, half of them shut down the internet to check their emails & vice versa)
    Lorraine/Squeaky Mom recently posted…Lost!My Profile

13. Emma says:

2 words ,bloody hilarious. Love it
    Emma recently posted…Coughs Colds and Sneezes!My Profile

14. Michelle
    says:

I laughed because, well, I work from home and could relate :P
    Michelle recently posted…All Fall Down [Project 365:2013 - Day 262]My Profile

15. Workitmamma says:

Brilliant, although no mention of Homes Under The Hammer, was a little disappointing!

16. Brilliant! Although my favourite watch is “Storage Hunters”

17. Origami Girl says:

Love it! You have a great knack for funny details! Thanks for the laugh!
    Origami Girl recently posted…The Evolution of Origami Girl!My Profile

18. Jenny says:

I doubt I’ll ever see a better infographic if I live to be 100 – which I probably won’t because of the terrible stress of working from home and always having to meet that last minute deadline ;)
    Jenny recently posted…Mister Maker Alien Puppet Show from HobbycraftMy Profile

19. Chris Mayhew says:

I would definitely still read these. Might even find myself quoting the stats in a moment of pretend genius.
    Chris Mayhew recently posted…Sport4Kids @ Wentworth Health ClubMy Profile

20. friha says:

haha LOVE this, especially the clicking tabs bit, I do that ALL the time, pin things I’m never going to create, wear, eat.. xx
    friha recently posted…We like to readMy Profile

21. Pippa says:

Love the fake infographic idea! Reminds me of all those alternative venn diagrams that were around a while back, but with lots more fun stuff to play with – huge potential. I’d read more, definitely!

22. Iona says:

Loving this, I ‘may’ recognise the odd bit. But I’m reading it in the evening so that doesn’t count, right?!
    Iona recently posted…Help!My Profile

23. Polly says:

love it!! I’ve perfected the art of clicking tabs and looking busy ;)
    Polly recently posted…Today We…My Profile

24. Jess
    says:

Haha love this!! I always used to watch Wanted Down Under then dream about moving to Australia, and then pin photos of my new life on Pinterest! x
    Jess recently posted…Keep On JumpingMy Profile

25. Jane says:

You have found your talent.This is going viral without a doubt.
    Jane recently posted…Walkers Mighty Lights Crisps ReviewMy Profile

26. Mum of One says:

This is hilarious! And brilliant! What did you use to make it?
    Mum of One recently posted…5:2 Diet: Delicious Chicken and Spinach CurryMy Profile

27. Melksham Mum says:

Won’t let the OH see this as he’s suggested for him doing some admin for his business – at home! Tempting :) I also have a homeworker friend who might not find this as funny ;)
    Melksham Mum recently posted…Musing on a Monday {worry}My Profile

28. nixdminx says:

That’s hilarious, it’s missing the long lazy lunches and multitasking (filling the dishwasher while on the phone!)

29. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly.

I’m quite sure I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
    internetmoneypathblog.in.. recently posted…internetmoneypathblog.in..My Profile

30. Have you considered I would like to sell my car for cash?
    Haven’t a clue who is good in Manchester?
    There are plenty of possibilities, so it may be overwhelimg unless you know who you can trust.

Feel free to visit my webpage; sell my car for free
    sell my car for free recently posted…sell my car for freeMy Profile

31. Amazing items listed here. I am very thankful to check your post. Thank you so much exactly what looking ahead to call you actually. Do you want to make sure you decline us a email?

32. […] love this infograph by Slummy Single Mummy for mothers working from home. Actually it sums up pretty much everything. […]

33. Yeah, totally agree. You might have struck the nail on the head completely

Here is my blog buy your automobile – wez-favourite-cars.tumblr.com
    wez-favourite-cars.tumblr.com recently posted…wez-favourite-cars.tumblr.comMy Profile

34. An useful memory tip for anyone needing too recall specific kinds of info, is too work
    on minimizing distractions in your surroundings.
    If you are breast feed or pregnant, consult a doctor fists.
    If you notice that the bottle does not have a list of
    ingredients, then it is best for you to stay away from
    that supplement.
    health benefit garcinia cambogia recently posted…health benefit garcinia cambogiaMy Profile